COVID-19 Pool Facility Hire Requirement Agreement
The Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic has meant that we must take extra precautions to ensure our pool facility is safe and accessible for community use. As a hirer, there are additional requirements you will need to do to make sure the facility is safe and ready for the next group to use.
You must agree to follow the social distancing rules and instructions listed below in the Lions of Tasman Community Swimming Pool Covid Safety Plan. Please note: this is in addition to the standard terms and conditions of pool hire.
I agree to:
- Ensure all participants meet the requirements of the entry checklist (as displayed on the front entry door) to determine entry approval.
- Retain accurate records of participants of each swim session for a 14-day period (for your own personal records).
- Encourage participants to have the COVIDSAFE application on their mobile device.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance between people.
- Ensure the maximum safe capacity is not exceeded – no more than 10 people in the facility at one time, this includes spectators.
- Restrict pool use to members of the same household to prevent transmission.
Handwashing and Hygiene
- Ensure all people entering the facility use the hand sanitiser provided at the facility’s entry point.
- Instruct participants of other ways to limit the spread of germs, including by not touching their face, sneezing and coughing into their elbow, and staying home if feeling sick.
- Remind participants to limit contact with others: no shaking hands, hugging or touching objects unless necessary.
- Ensure any areas used are cleaned and disinfected at the end of your swim session with the appropriate products that are provided; this includes high use areas such as door handles, key safe, pool hand rails and seats.
- Ensure the person cleaning the area wears gloves when cleaning and washes their hands thoroughly with hand sanitiser before and after cleaning.
Do not allow people to access the pool facility if they are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Please ask that they leave and call the National Coronavirus hotline (1800 020 080).
Treat personal information about participants health carefully, in line with privacy laws.